Summer is coming……it is….soon enough…before you know it…don’t let the centimeters upon centimeters of snow fool ya…it’s only a few short months away and most people who aren’t sitting in puppy boxes through the summer are out and about, travelling the world and seeing the sights..and when we are far from home it’s good to have a cozy place to stay and with that I share with you our apartment which we loan out to friends and family and anyone else who could be interested and isn’t a dirty crook or murderer….hehehehe…
The Kitchen…where you can prepare pretty much anything your heart desires…there is a microwave, oven, fridge, and water cooker. There is also a dishwasher but it doesn’t work, so you have to do dishes the old fashioned way until we get a new dishwasher.
The living room with dining seating for four (we can always add extra chairs if need be) Two couches, the light tan one is a sleeper sofa which sleeps two comfortably. We usually have a little tv on the chest but Sarah is borrowing it at the moment.
This is your view out the living room window and bedroom window.
This is the bedroom with a double bed and a baby rocker. We also have a portable baby bed for guests with tiny tots..This room is an extreme example that the apartment is a work in progress…I’m tempted to do another colour on the walls or paper or something but not sure what yet…and eventually I thought it could be fun to hang photos of the apartment guests in the bedroom on the walls…also a chest of drawers in here eventually for guests staying any length of time..
Here is the bathroom complete with shower, toliet, sink and washing machine- you remember this washing machine that I had in the main house thinking it had broken down and it was only the filter full of hair….hahahahaha…yeah, well, now the guests can do their laundry!!
The next photos are views as you go out of the apartment…
In the summer there is an outdoor fireplace over there in the corner- you can almost see the top of it under the snow..
The above photo is a nice bench you can sit on and watch the quiet forest or hear the wind chimes…it really is a nice little apartment for our guests and we hope in time to make it more and more cozy, adding things as we can to make our guests as comfortable as they can be while away from home.
You’ll get to meet the lionesses and our little lion king as well as Jenny the wonder dog and these guys..
Oreo (Cookie) and his brother (below) Tiger (Woods)
Stuart Little also, although I didn’t get a photo of him today for you….he’s out hunting…and I’m hoping he won’t be hunted…there is a rumour going that a type of mountain lion called Gaupe in Norwegian has arrived on the island and several have seen his or her footprints…scary!
The apartment is reserved for my dad who I am hoping will be here the whole month of June…but the rest of the summer is open- let me know when you’re coming, how many, and if you need a lift from the airport (Gardemoen in Oslo). If I have time I love to cook for my guests…if I don’t have time I’ll fill your fridge in the apartment with some goodies…but I always seem to find time for cooking!!!
On another note I was given a wonderful award by the dear Renate! Go over and check out her blog- she’s extremely creative and has a lot of fun projects! Thank you so much Renate for this award- I’m humbled and grateful! I guess the rules are I need to tell you seven things about myself you didn’t know and then pass this along…
1. I was born in Warren, Pennsylvania and lived in Mercer and Grove City, PA before moving to Derby, Kansas and then on to Hutchinson, KS and then from Hutch to Bedford, Texas in the DFW metroplex, then to San Antonio, Texas, Austin, Texas, back to San Antonio, then up to Pratt, Kansas with my hubby.
2. I had a black American Cocker Spaniel named Alexander Grahm Bear (Bear)- he was my first dog that was MINE. I showed him 4-H shows and obedience trials.
3. My favourite film is The Wizard of Oz…the line where the wizard tells the tin man that “a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others” is one of my favourite lines and my kids won’t watch the movie with me anymore unless I promise not to sing…I know all the songs by heart…
4. As much as I love living in Norway I sometimes miss living in the USA…I miss the uniqueness of the people “over there”. It goes without saying I miss my family and I wish I had the chance to know my nieces better and my sister better as an adult.
5. My grandma shared her love of cooking with me and it is in her honor that it has become one of my beloved hobbies…she gave me her iron skillets and I love to cook with them and I remember her standing by her stove making us breakfast with them…I love my iron skillets and I love my grandma..
6. I think about my mom every day…this might not be something people didn’t know about me, it might be natural to many who know I’ve lost my mom…but what I think about is all the things I didn’t say when she was alive that I wish I had…it makes me realize even more how important it is to say what we feel and don’t hold back…don’t live today as if it’s a dress rehearsal…you might not get another chance to say what you want to say.
7. As much as I love the Captain…I love that I can handle things when he is gone also…that I can run the household and take care of things without everything falling apart. I think I have become stronger in the 14 years I’ve lived in Norway then I ever was before I came here and maybe that is one of the reasons the big guy up there put me in Norway?
Now, to pass this along:
And now some contests!! Check out Misha’s site for a chance to win some very hot boots! They’ll even ship them to Europe- so this is a contest for anyone!!
And Sylvia is giving away a lovely tray and table runner…
Until next time my friends…