Check it out- another award!!!! This one was given to me by the very sweet Marilyn over at Bestas Hus- if you haven’t checked out her blog then I highly recommend you do it. She was born in the USA and has lived in Norway such a long time you’d never guess she was American unless you read carefully!!! hahahaha! Really great gal, so go check out her blog!
Ok, as with the majority of awards there are things you must do when you accept them and in this case- it’s to tell you 10 things that make me happy. This shouldn’t be too hard- should it?
1. My family- both here and in the USA- Love you guys and you’re my best friends in the whole world!!
2. My dogs- with seven of you now in my home- you HAVE to be a happy point or I’d go crazy…
3. My dear good friends who I treasure..I have a lot of very nice acquaintences..but few truly good friends and those closest to me know (hopefully) how much I love and respect them and how happy I am that they are in my life.
4. Cooking and baking make me happy- even though they make my arse huge- I still love them…and watching people eat what I make makes me even happier- maybe that should have been number 5?
5. Children’s laughter makes me happy- when you watch a child truly laugh from the gut…you can’t do anything else but laugh with them…it’s one of the greatest sounds on earth…
6. Taking photos of the beautiful nature around me, my kids, and my animals and my hunky sailor..yeah…taking photos in general makes me happy- even though I’m not a pro, I’ve caught a moment in time- a memory I can look back on after it’s passed and that makes me happy.
7. Entertaining guests…whether they overnight or just come for a day…I love to make people feel welcome here, serve them good food and sit around and talk and laugh together..or just be…if they are here many days you can’t keep the entertainment level high, so it’s good when you have people you can just be with…that makes me happy too.
8. Travelling makes me happy, though I do it so seldom…I love being annoymous in a place and wandering around discovering new things..I wouldn’t be happy just lying on a beach somewhere, I want to see things and do things on vacation..that makes me happy.
9. Accomplishing something I didn’t think I could do makes me happy. It’s almost an exhilerating feeling to do something I’m just sure I can’t and when I do I just want to shout…WOOO HOOOOO!!!
10. Appreciating each of the four seasons and what they give us make me happy…though when they last longer then I expect I might be a little annoyed…but hey…I’d say this is a fine happy point to end with..flowers in springtime, sunshine on your face in the summer, the gorgeous colours of fall, and the snowy quiet magic of winter…
Now, you might have read 7 dogs in the house…yes, you read correctly. Unfortunately Redman was returned to us by the woman who co-owned him with me. I did everything I could to convince them to keep him, even telling them we’d get out of the co-ownership agreement and let them have him without any extra charge (they paid half price for him with this agreement) but she insisted they were going to return him. According to her there was no problem with the dog, it was the agreement she didn’t like, having to have such close contact with us as a co-ownership agreement requires was not to her liking. This is why we offered to get out of the co-ownership and just let her keep him free of charge since they kept professing their love for him and how much they didn’t want to give him up and he can’t be used in breeding so it was just as well he stay with his family then be moved around. However, I got a text message saying she had been in a mind frame to return him the last couple days so she was sticking with that. At that point I realized she just didn’t want him anymore and it was nothing I had done or the dog had done. So Redman is here…looking for a forever home AGAIN. He’s such a sweet guy, but this next home will be his 3 home in just 9 months and I’m hoping 3rd time is the charm. It’s been my fault, I’ve been too trusting and people will say what they can to get a half price dog or free dog and I believed them. I hate feeling like I have to be so skeptic to people but I feel I have too now- the next home will really have to prove they are the right home- not sure how yet, but I can’t put this poor guy through this one more time. He deserves a loving family like his brothers and sister have. If anyone in Norway knows of someone who is looking for a hiking partner, someone to train obedience with, go tracking with, swim with in the summer and share a bed with…ok ok…you don’t really have to share a bed with him…hahahaha..if you know of anyone who could be a possible forever home for Redman let me know- I believe my email address is under my profile. If not leave a comment with how I can get hold of you and I will. Redman is the “runt” of the litter but he is still a beautiful beautiful dog who will make a fantastic family pet with the right people.
Redman and his sister Shakira..
Uff, I almost forgot….need to pass along the HAPPY 101 award…let’s see, could honest send this to everyone on my blog roll but let’s go with the following ladies for now..
Kate over at Chronicles of a Country Girl, her adorable border collie, George is one of her biggest happy points in her life but I’m sure her list could contain so many other points also!
Misha over at From My Front Porch In The Mountains has a slew of sweet animals to keep her happy but I’m sure she has some other great things that keep her smiling..
And finally…Lisa over at Little To Big, a fellow American who has made the leap to Scandinavia and is living only a short 30 minute drive away and I still haven’t met her yet…shame on me!!! Yeah yeah…you know me, the hermit in the woods with her pack of dogs…all she does is bake all day and walk dogs…such is life…hahahaha…
Ok folks- have a super day and sorry for the super long post today but you know how windy I can get if I want too…
Until next time….